A unique bi-annual journal written specifically for personal property appraisers. Edited by Todd Sigety, ISA CAPP, the content includes original research articles integrative reviews and topical discussions of professional appraisal issues and concerns from a variety of perspectives, theories and approaches.
The 2011 edition contains 24 articles with contributions from many nationally and internationally recognized personal property appraisers and from appraisal related industries such as auction houses, insurance brokerages, museums and cultural property conservationists.
- Logan Adams – Auction Platforms in the Expanded Market
- Soodie Beasley – Fact and Illusion: Nude Woman in Pre-Hitlerian Germany
- Jane C. Brennom – Social Media for the Appraiser: A Multi-Channel Approach
- Ona Curran – Colonial New York Limners
- Jan Robbins Durr – Senior Market: Where Networks Work for Appraisers
- Linda Eaton – Ernest LoNano: Decorator’s Counsel
- Charles Falco – High-Resolution Infrared Imaging of Paintings and Cultural Artifacts
- Alexander Gaydasch – Appraising: Art or Science?
- Katherine Jentleson – The Blue Chip Market of Grandma Moses: An Outsider Artist Inside the Mainstream Auction Market
- Brian Kathenes – Selling Your Professional Appraisal Services and Products
- Peter Kostoulakos – How to Examine an Antique Painting
- William Novotny – When Does USPAP Require a Competency Disclosure?
- Ünsal Özdilek – Essentials of Appraising Art
- Tony Pernicone – Beyond Auction Sales: Selecting Fine Art FMV Comparables
- Newbold (Newbie) Richardson – Textile “Stuff”: How to Categorize, Evaluate and Value Historic Clothing, Fashion and Textiles
- Steve Roach – Examining the Rare Coin and Precious Metal Markets
- Daphne Rosenzweig – “Qianlong” – His Mark Lives On
- Jerry Sampson – Dealing with Difficult Clients
- Alexa Shitanishi – The Provenance Effect: An Analysis of the Effect of Ownership on the Value of Fine Art
- Todd W. Sigety – Social Media for the Appraiser: A Multi-Channel Approach
- Brenda Simonson-Mohle – Art Forgery: A Cautionary Tale
- Ed Tuten – Appraising American Horse Drawn Carriages and Sleighs
- Victor Wiener – The Role of Appraisers in the Process of Authentication and in Other Related Valuation Issues
- Charles Wong – The Role of Appraisers in the Process of Authentication and in Other Related Valuation Issues