A unique bi-annual journal written specifically for personal property appraisers. Edited by Todd Sigety, ISA CAPP, the content includes original research articles integrative reviews and topical discussions of professional appraisal issues and concerns from a variety of perspectives, theories and approaches.
The 2016 edition contains 17 articles and 420 pages with contributions from many nationally and internationally recognized personal property appraisers and from appraisal related industries such as auction houses, insurance brokerages, museums and cultural property conservationists.
- Darlene Bialowski – Saving Critical Data
- Leon Castner – Diminution of Value: More Questions Than Answers
- Cris Drugan – Understanding the Japanese Sword
- Libby Holloway – The Effects of American Nationalism on Design in the Federal Period
- Beverly Schreiber Jacoby – Museum Collections as Salable Property or Cultural Treasure? Reflections on the Detroit Institute of Art Valuation Controversy
- Sang-hee O’Reilly – Reconceptualizing the CoA: Exploring the Divergent Roles of the Certificate of Authenticity
- Tony Pernicone – Pablo Picasso: The Graphic Wizard
- Francine Proulx – Discovering the Unknown: From Estate Appraisal to Mt. Vernon Exhibit for Newly Found Latrobe Watercolor
- Sarah Reeder – An Introduction to Appraising Mid-Century Modern Furniture. Click HERE to read Sarah Reeder’s article.
- Steve Roach – A Study in Contrasts: Understanding Today’s Rare Coin Market
- Justin Rogers – Refining Blockage Discounts Using the Present Value of Future Earnings Formula
- Cindy Charleston Rosenberg – Is It “Right”? – Emerging Authentication Expectations, Best Practices & New Ways Forward in The Wake of Knoedler
- Daphne Rosenzweig – Blood-Sweating Horses of Tang
- Kirsten Smolensky – Diminution of Value: More Questions Than Answers
- Kirsten Smolensky – Choosing The Most Common Market for IRS Appraisal Reports
- Todd W. Sigety – Collection Protection
- Victor Wiener – Appraising Art in the Realm of Fraud: The Luke Brugnara Case
- Darlene N. Wong – Micro Mosaics: Relics of the Victorian Grand Tour, Part I