View all current and past FAE scholarship recipients.
Make a Donation
The Foundation for Appraisal Education was formed to advance education related to personal property appraising and to assist individuals through scholarships for educational development to improve their capabilities by attending courses, classes, workshops and conferences.
The Foundation for Appraisal Education Scholarship
In 2018, The Foundation will present:
- (1) Gloria Moroni Scholarship of $1,000.00
- (4) General scholarship awards of $1,000.00 each
- (2) General scholarship awards of $500.00 each
- In 2018, applications will be accepted between January 8, 2018 and July 1, 2018. (Email must be received by July 1, 2018)
- Please note: You will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours of receipt of your application
- If you do not receive a confirmation, contact Amy Parenti, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships will be awarded by July 31, 2018.
- Recipients will have one year from the date the scholarship is awarded to complete their course, class or workshop.
In 2018, postsubmission scholarships will not be awarded. Courses need to be completed between July 31, 2018-July 31, 2019.
- To apply for a scholarship, submit a completed application prior to taking a course, class or workshop. There is no limit to the number of applications you can submit; winners are limited to one scholarship award per year.
- Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the sponsor of the course, class or workshop you have selected on this application.
- Scholarships are awarded to cover the costs for tuition of courses, classes, workshops, or programs, and do not include travel, hotel or other associated expenses.
- Scholarships will be awarded only for one educational class, workshop, or course, related to personal property appraising per winner; amount awarded will be for the actual cost of the course, up to the amount posted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete and submit the application within the time frame noted above to be considered for a scholarship.
- Winners will be required to submit a paragraph statement on the importance/impact of this scholarship and a photo of themselves; monies will not be paid out until after receipt of statement and photo.
- Students, new & experienced appraisers, or any individual wanting to further their educational development in the area of personal property appraising may apply; past winners within the previous 5 years are excluded from applying.
- All scholarships are open to both new (less than 2 years experience) and experienced appraisers
- Applicants from all Appraisal Societies are welcome.
- Directors, officers, and employees of the International Society of Appraisers and the Foundation for Appraisal Education, members of the Foundation for Appraisal Education Scholarship Selection Committee and their relatives are not eligible to apply for Foundation for Appraisal Education Scholarships.
Click here for 2018 FAE Scholarship Application
Save and open in Acrobat Reader to fill out form
Program at Winterthur
The Foundation for Appraisal Education honors Wendell Garrett (1929-2012) who provided significant contributions to the education of appraisers at the Winterthur Museum. Wendell was a member of the Winterthur Program in Early American Culture Class of 1957. He was also the editor of The Magazine Antiques, a senior VP at Sotheby’s, and one of the original Antiques Roadshow appraisers. His historical perspective of all things antique was world renown.
The following Wendell Garrett scholarships are available (2016-2018) to graduate students and professionals with less than five year’s experience in the field, without a requirement for association with the appraisal field and may be found on Winterthur’s site.
- Winterthur Institute (2016-2018) – $1,000 per year.
- Furniture Conferences & Study Symposiums (2016-2018) $500 per year. Yearly alternating Conference and Study Symposium held in spring of each year.
- Ceramics Conferences & Study Symposiums (2017-2019) – $500 per year. Yearly alternating Conference and Study Symposium held in spring of each
2018 Winterthur Scholarship Application Available Soon
The Decorative Arts Trust, a non-profit organization in Media, PA (www.decorativeartstrust.org) is offering a $500 Scholarship to the 2017 FAE Seminar.
The Decorative Arts Trust mission is to promote and foster the appreciation and study of the decorative arts, with a particular focus on providing opportunities for young professionals and graduate students.
In line with their mission, they are offering this scholarship specifically for those appraisers who have five years or less experience as a professional appraiser.