The Foundation for Appraisal Education was formed to advance education related to personal property appraising and to assist individuals through scholarships for educational development to improve their capabilities by attending courses, classes, workshops and conferences.
The Decorative Arts Trust, a non-profit organization in Media, PA (www.decorativeartstrust.org) is offering a $500 Scholarship to the 2017 FAE Seminar.
The Decorative Arts Trust mission is to promote and foster the appreciation and study of the decorative arts, with a particular focus on providing opportunities for young professionals and graduate students.
In line with their mission, they are offering this scholarship specifically for those appraisers who have five years or less experience as a professional appraiser.
Applicants must complete the application and submit to Katy Alexander by August 31st, 2017.
Send completed & signed application (+) supporting material to:
The Foundation for Appraisal Education Scholarship
In 2017, The Foundation will present:
- (1) Gloria Moroni Scholarship of $1,000.00
- (4) General scholarship awards of $1,000.00 each
- (2) General scholarship awards of $500.00 each
- In 2017, applications will be accepted between January 2, 2017 and May 1, 2017. (Email and US mail must be postmarked by May 1, 2017)
- Please note: You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of receipt of your application
- If you do not receive a confirmation, contact Marcus Wardell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships will be awarded by June 1, 2017.
- Recipients will have one year from the date the scholarship is awarded to complete their course, class, workshop or conference.
Additionally, during 2017, post submission awards for the following ISA courses would apply:
• January 12-13 7 Hour Personal Property USPAP Course (Live Online January 2017)
• January 23-25 15 Hour Personal Property USPAP Course (Live Online January 2017)
• January 31-Feb 2 Requalification Course (Live Online January 2017)
• March 30-31 SEAK
• March 30 7 Hour Personal Property USPAP Course (Annual Conference)
• April 4-5 Requalification Course (Annual Conference)
• April 24-27 15 Hour Personal Property USPAP Course (Live Online April 2017)
- To apply for a scholarship, submit a completed application prior to taking a course, class, workshop or conference. There is no limit to the number of applications you can submit.
- Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the sponsor of the course, class, workshop or conference you have selected on this application.
- Scholarships are awarded to cover the costs for tuition of courses, classes, workshops, programs, or conferences and do not include travel, hotel or other associated expenses.
- Scholarships will be awarded only for educational classes, workshops, courses, and conferences related to personal property appraising.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete and submit the application within the time frame noted above to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students, new & experienced appraisers, or any individual wanting to further their educational development in the area of personal property appraising may apply.
- All scholarships are open to both new (less than 2 years experience) and experienced appraisers
- Applicants from all Appraisal Societies are welcome.
- Directors, officers, and employees of the International Society of Appraisers and the Foundation for Appraisal Education, members of the Foundation for Appraisal Education Scholarship Selection Committee and their relatives are not eligible to apply for Foundation for Appraisal Education Scholarships.
Program at Winterthur
The Foundation for Appraisal Education honors Wendell Garrett (1929-2012) who provided significant contributions to the education of appraisers at the Winterthur Museum. Wendell was a member of the Winterthur Program in Early American Culture Class of 1957. He was also the editor of The Magazine Antiques, a senior VP at Sotheby’s, and one of the original Antiques Roadshow appraisers. His historical perspective of all things antique was world renown.
The following Wendell Garrett scholarships are available (2016-2018) to graduate students and professionals with less than five year’s experience in the field, without a requirement for association with the appraisal field and may be found on Winterthur’s site.
- Winterthur Institute (2016-2018) – $1,000 per year.
- Furniture Conferences & Study Symposiums (2016-2018) $500 per year. Yearly alternating Conference and Study Symposium held in spring of each year.
- Ceramics Conferences & Study Symposiums (2017-2019) – $500 per year. Yearly alternating Conference and Study Symposium held in spring of each